The number of blogposts growing more and more, I noticed that it was hard to keep an overview of all the great tools that I use in my life in order to increase my wealth. That's why I grouped them all on this page.
Personal finance in Switzerland
Bank Cler Zak
Another alternative that may better suit you is the Swiss online bank Neon which I have compared with Zak in this article. I also negotiated you CHF 10 of welcome cash if you use the code "mustachian" during the account opening process with them.
Cumulus MasterCard and Revolut
My Swiss credit card system allows me to earn CHF 200 in cash back per year, and save CHF 4 for every CHF 100 spent in foreign currency.
And that's without mentioning the fact that these two credit cards are free, which allows us to save another CHF 100 per year compared to other banking institutions.
- The Cumulus MasterCard from Migros Bank is 100% free and with the best cash back program in Switzerland. By ordering it with this link you earn in addition CHF 30 welcome points
- The Revolut to pay the lowest exchange fees for your online and overseas purchases. You get free card delivery if you use this link!
I explain my credit card system in detail in this article.
YNAB: take control of your budget
Interactive Brokers: invest in the stock market!
If you want to be financially free one day and never have to work for money again, there are not a thousand solutions: you have to invest your cash!
VIAC.ch: invest your third pillar while reducing your Swiss taxes
VIAC.ch (read my full article) is the Swiss 3rd pillar of reference for a Mustachian because it allows you to invest up to 97% of your cash in shares. Mrs MP's is there, and I look forward to being able to transfer mine there once we change mortgage provider (because for now it's blocking my 3rd pillar).
Coinbase: have fun betting your play money on crypto-currencies
I have invested 1'000€ via Coinbase (read my detailed article) in case it turns into CHF 1'000'000 in 10 years. For the moment it has been stagnating since 2017. We'll see about that :) Anyway, one thing's for sure, I'm not adding a dime to this.
Internet and mobile subscriptions in Switzerland
Sunrise via QoQa.ch: pay your Swiss internet and mobile subscription as cheaply as possible!
I wrote a detailed article to explain my setup with the Sunrise special offer combined with a 4G router. Now you know how to do it :)
Reading = knowledge = wealth (in every sense of the word)
My readings that can help you become richer in different ways (from the most recent to the oldest):
- Tools of Titans
- So Good They Can't Ignore You: Why Skills Trump Passion in the Quest for Work You Love
- Deep Work: Rules for Focused Success in a Distracted World
- The Miracle Morning: The Not-So-Obvious Secret Guaranteed to Transform Your Life Before 8am (see my review)
- Minimalism: A Documentary About the Important Things (read my review)
- The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up: The Japanese Art of Decluttering and Organizing (read my review)
- The ONE Thing (see my review)
- Essentialism: The Disciplined Pursuit of Less (read my review)
Note: there are many affiliate links in this article. If you use one or more of them, you won't notice any difference than with a standard link — but the blog will get a referral commission. I thank you for this.
As usual, I only write and review things that I use in my personal daily life, or that I trust.