Two years ago, I looked for ways to improve our savings rate.
As it’s one of the most powerful personal finance tool to reach Financial Independence, I wanted to study how the leaders in this topic were reaching crazy figures every month.
Hence I created the Blogger Savings Rate Index (aka. #BSRI) in order to get inspired by my fellow personal finance bloggers.
Last year was the third edition of the #BSRI.
Blogger Savings Rate Index 2017
No more talking, let’s get to the final ranking of the #BSRI 2017 vintage!
- Frugalisten | 72% (Germany, Single)
- Cheesy Finance | 66% (Netherlands, Family)
- My Financial Shape | 65.9% (Liechtenstein, Family)
- Retire In Progress | 63.5% (Switzerland, Couple)
- Financieel Onafhankelijk | 63% (Netherlands, Couple)
- 20 Something Lawyer | 59.6% (Philippines, Couple)
- Hippies de Land Rover | 57.3% (Switzerland, Family)
- Viver à Portuguesa | 57% (Switzerland, Single)
- Primal Matrix | 55.9% (Switzerland, Single)
- Mariimma | 54% (Netherlands, Single)
- FireMe | 49% (Netherlands, Family)
- Weenie | 42.4% (United Kingdom, Single)
- Niet tot 71 | 41.7% (Netherlands, Couple)
- Meneer en Mevrouw | 41% (Netherlands, Couple)
- Gezond Leven | 41% (Netherlands, Couple)
- The Dividend Family Guy | 37% (USA, Family)
- Mustachian Post | 35.8% (Switzerland, Family)
- Budget365 | 30.5% (Ireland, Couple)
- theFIREstarter | 22.8% (United Kingdom, Family)
- The Poor Swiss | 18.2% (Switzerland, Single)
Badass Savers Platinum (≥ 70%)
Badass Savers Gold (≥ 55%)
Badass Savers Silver (≥ 40%)
Badass Savers Bronze (< 40%)
I count on you dear readers to spread the word so we are even more people on this index in 2018.
So, what was your savings rate in 2017?