Two years ago, I looked for ways to improve our savings rate.
As it's one of the most powerful personal finance tool to reach Financial Independence, I wanted to study how the leaders in this topic were reaching crazy figures every month.
Hence I created the Blogger Savings Rate Index (aka. #BSRI) in order to get inspired by my fellow personal finance bloggers.
Last year was the second edition of the #BSRI, and we welcomed five new bloggers who joined the challenge.
Blogger Savings Rate Index 2016
No more talking, let's get to the final ranking of the #BSRI 2016 vintage!
- The Millionaire Educator | 91% (USA, Family)
- Frugalisten | 70.1% (Germany, Single)
- Retire In Progress | 68.8% (Switzerland, Couple)
- Retire by 50 | 67.2% (Singapore, Single)
- Financieel Onafhankelijk | 66% (Netherlands, Couple)
- Cheesy Finance | 60.6% (Netherlands, Family)
- Amber Tree Leaves | 59% (Belgium, Family)
- Hippies de Land Rover [HDLR] | 58% (Switzerland, Family)
- My Financial Shape | 57.5% (Liechtenstein, Family)
- Living a Free Life Today | 50% (France, Couple)
- Weenie | 44.9% (United Kingdom, Single)
- Retired at 50 | 44.3% (Switzerland, Couple)
- White Collar Freedom | 42% (Singapore, Couple)
- Spaarolifantje | 38% (Netherlands, Couple)
- theFIREstarter | 34.9% (United Kingdom, Family)
- Mustachian Post | 23.6% (Switzerland, Family)
Badass Savers Platinum (≥ 70%)
Badass Savers Gold (≥ 55%)
Badass Savers Silver (≥ 40%)
Badass Savers Bronze (< 40%)
N.B: some of the registered blogs on the #BSRI 2016 were either discontinued or not updated, hence I removed them from the list as they might not be relevant for you anymore. In case I get news from these, I will keep the list updated accordingly.
BSRI 2016 badges
If you were adventurous enough to be listed on the second edition of the #BSRI, below are your badges that you can use to share the wisdom on your blog or any other media.
I count on you dear readers to spread the word so we are even more people on this index in 2017, in order that anyone from anywhere and in any situation can easily find similar bloggers so that he/she has appropriate information to get his/her financial life forward.
So, what was your savings rate in 2016?